Press Release: Global Green Connect to announce the launch of the Sustainability Business Accelerator Program in Asia
Fostering high-quality start-ups to deploy innovative sustainability solution in Asia with anchor partner, Tsinghua x-lab
Singapore & Beijing, 6th September 2019 – Global Green Connect is to launch TXG Sustainability Business Accelerator Program with anchor partner, Tsinghua x-lab. The aim of this unique accelerator is to foster and accelerate growth for startups from Tsinghua x-lab along the Belt & Road countries across Asia. The accelerator will help these startups through forging strategic partnership with businesses, government and investors. Overarchingly the programmes ethos is to empower like-minded individuals and organisation to build a sustainable future.
“Since Tsinghua x-lab launched in 2013, x-lab has worked with over 1,500 project teams, 580 startups have been incorporated, we have helped start-ups from seed and pre-seed stage to commercial operations and scale-up across all sectors and industries. To date, a total of 200+ start-ups have raised over USD 950 million in funding,” said Pearl Mao, Director of Tsinghua x-lab.
According to the ‘Better Business, Better World Asia’ report by the Business & Sustainable Development Commission (BSDC), business leaders and entrepreneurs can unlock new market opportunities worth US$5 trillion and generate 230 million jobs in Asia by 2030 through sustainable business models. The research shows that, instead of being a constraint to growth, companies pursuing strategies aligned with the Global Goals could open economic opportunities across 60 “hot spots” worth up to US$12 trillion and increase employment by up to 380 million jobs globally by 2030. Asia represents 40 percent of the global value, and nearly two-thirds of total jobs.
Pearl continued: “We are ready to take some start-ups abroad to tap into other Asia markets with strategies that not only meet the demands but also tackle urgent environmental and societal challenges. We are motivated to align these strategies with the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) as it is not just doing good for the society and environment, but it would make strategic business sense.”
TXG Sustainability Business Accelerator Program aims to support 5 UN SDGs:
- #9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure;
- #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities;
- #12 Responsible Consumption & Production;
- #13 Climate Action;
- #17 Partnership for the Goals.
Against the backdrop of climate emergency and the rapid change of business environment, the program will help startups focus on sustainable development to excel through the exchange program, coaching, and business and capital matching, which include:
- Identify corporate partnership and government policy to accelerate growth for these start-ups;
- Jointly co-organized meetings and events in Greater Bay Area and ASEAN for start-ups to participate for exchange and roadshows with companies, government, investors and Tsinghua alumni in Asia;
- Start-ups to attend Youth Sustainability Leadership Forum and roundtable events organized by GGEF (Global Green Economic Forum), the social enterprise which is a subsidiary of Global Green Connect;
- Matching Venture Capital and/or Private Equity for funding the start-ups;
- Help to accelerate the growth of start-ups through corporate partnerships with Industry Council Members and more.
“I am thrilled about this initiative and our partnership with Tsinghua x-lab because we are committed to promoting sustainability and entrepreneurship through business in Asia. The TXG Industry Council will be formed within the next couple of months to ensure member companies will work cohesively to engage these start-ups to gain insight of innovation and technology, industry trends as well as investment opportunities”, commented by Christina Lee, Founder & CEO of Global Green Connect.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Work: +65 6904 6088